Saturday, August 11, 2012

Scattered Islets from Britania


Repost from Tumblr account.
Last Mothers’ Day, my family and I decided to go on a 3-hour roadtrip from Butuan to discover this beautiful and serene untouched set of islets, all surrounded with lush blue waters and pure white sugary sand. Once you get to San Agustin, Surigao del Sur, you get welcomed by this sign directing you toBritania Islands. It’s a wonderful location for beach bummers such as myself and just appreciating the natural beauty of what our country has to offer. We may hear places like “Boracay, Palawan, Batangas, Bohol” as the must-to-go destinations every time you want to hit the beach but there’s also a lot Mindanao has to offer. I suggest you try Surigao, there are so many places to go to once you are there! 
Once you arrive at the port area, friendly people greet you and offer you to avail their bangka as your means of transportation to enjoy the island-hopping experience on these wonderful islets. As our tour guide mentioned, Britania Islets was discovered just a year ago. Talk about true, virgin beauty of nature.
And now let the picture speak for themselves as I share to you my experience from Britania Islands from Surigao del Sur.
image
image
image

image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
Pack your bikinis, put on your tanning oil and get your camera ready (I consider these my beach essentials), Britania Islands definitely has so much to offer which is perfect for island hopping, sunbathing, bonding with family or friends and capturing the view behind the lens of your camera. 
Like they say and I like to say proud, IT DEFINITELY IS MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES.

No comments:

Post a Comment